Parent, Teacher Association (PTA)
Welcome to the PTA section. At present we do not have an active PTA. Our intention is to revive it after Easter 2022.
The PTA is an active committee of parents and teachers of Monkshouse Primary School whose aim is to raise money to provide equipment and resources to enhance and benefit the pupils. All parents are welcome to become members of the PTA and attend the meetings.
The PTA organises events throughout the school year which have included both Summer and Christmas Fairs, School Discos, Children's Film Nights, Ladies Pamper Evenings and Fashion Shows. We also offer assistance at Sports Days, Easter Tea and any other event which requires our help.
Where does the money go?
Historically the PTA have provided money for the purchase of outdoor play equipment for the Nursery and Reception class, the Trim Trail, Lockers, Digital & Video Cameras, iPad tablets, P.A equipment and curtains for the new school hall, furniture for the new Library, equipment for the 2016 new classroom, outside benches and parasols.
Yearly the PTA provides money for everything listed below, because of your continued support at all of our events:
- Subsidied school trips by paying towards the cost of buses and a contribution per child
- Initial water bottle and bookbag for new Reception class children
- Book Tokens and money for prizes/games at the end of each term for every class in the school
- Pantomime visits
- Reception and Nursery Christmas party and presents for all children
- Year 6 Leavers party and memory flash drives
- Playground and lunchtime resources
- Science week
- And much, much, much more!
Become a member
All parents are welcome to become members of the PTA and attend the meetings. We would love to see you, whether you are mums, dads, carers or even grandparents! We meet once a month for approx an hour, to discuss forthcoming events, new ideas, receive financial updates and explore how to spend the funds raised.
If you would like to speak to anyone please either contact the school on 01775 722006, or speak to any of the members of the PTA in the playground.